Someone SMAK Me! I've Gone to the Circus!


Today, we are highlighting the January SMAK Kit (SMAK stands for scrapbooking, mixed media, and altered art kit).  These kits are new to Unity and have a lot of rubber in them (a whole 8.5 x 11 sheet of high quality red rubber!!).  

Going to the Circus Wall Art
by Lesley Langdon

The numbers in the kit really spoke to me, and that's how this project all started.  I was going to create a layout with  a banner, and then it turned into this paper pieces wall art.  I've taken some close up images of the stamping, so that you can see this kit in action!  Some stamping is so subtle (like on the tent top).

I did use some Spellbinders™ Nested Pennants to make the big banner at the top and the banner in the middle.  I also used a black sharpie pen for outlining the shapes and hand drawing the pole and table.





Here is the art in a frame, on my mantel:


This is how the project started, playing with Distress Stains and Distress Inks, and water (both drops and drips) on watercolor paper:


AND HERE IS THE AMAZING SMAK KIT!!!!
Click here for details...on how to get yours!


Enjoy your Saturday!




 {Ippity} {Ippity}