Friday, November 21, 2014

Friends with Flair Link Up Party!

Hello Friday! I suppose to match with the big Brown Thursday sale, this should be the Brown Friday Friends with Flair! 

Today I wanted to talk about those dreaded crafting mistakes! How do you fix your mistakes? Do you ditch the project all together? Do you add a sequin on top of it?? For me, I had finished coloring these adorable Owl Pals (took me about 45 minutes)... and thhheennn when I went to add some white pen detailing, the pen went SPLAT all over my little boy owl. :'(

Took this photo before the terrible white pen tragedy 

Rather than starting over, I decided to change the direction of the card. With my boy owl unusable, I fussy cut the little girl owl to create a 'miss you' themed card...


To create the phrase, I combined sentiments from 'Lil Bunny Wishes' and October KOM. Now she has been transformed into a sweet little missing you card :)

Remember that the BROWN THURSDAY sale is happening right now! This is Unity's biggest sale of the year!!!


here's how you can win…
--Link up through Midnight CST tonight--
There will be TWO PRIZES to be given away by random selection
to the person who:
1. submits a project by linking below
2. leaves a comment on the links below
--PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY--


18 comments:

mattia said...

The card looks great! I change what im doing if i can if i cant fix it some way then i use it for something else and if i cant then my last choice is to

mattia said...

Not sure if its just me or the website but i cant upload a photo i filled out everything then try to add the photo and it just wont???

TracyM #6773 said...

What a SUPER CUTE card and creative recovery Rachel :)
THANK YOU for sharing ... I have to confess that I take comfort in learning that I am not alone!!! When I have an OOPS moment, I try my best to salvage what I can, often covering it up with an embellishment or completely changing it from what I planned. That is one of the great things about crafting, mistakes often lead to even better projects than originally planned :)

crazed scrapbooker said...

99% of the time due to my overthinking...I try to cover my mistakes before completely throwing it out...embellies are my weapon of choice IF i have the patience to cover it up. Great plan of attack to change your thoughts on the card..and your fussy cutting is great too.

ionabunny said...

Great save on your splattered owl. Love the missing you card. Hugz

Dawn LL said...

Such a creative idea using the girl owl and sentiments together...thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Scrapbook Lynne said...

I LOVE your Owl Cards and how you colored them!!! TFS

Deb said...

Great card! I can so relate to the oops!

Ruby said...

You were creative with the mistake. The card you created is perfect. I never throw out a mishap either. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Nancy Carroll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Carroll said...

Awesome way to recover from a mistake! It was so much fun looking at everyone's work... Been a while since I entered, pulled out my stamps and catalogued them so I know what I have instead of pulling them all out finally, maybe this will help!

Immi said...

Good save!

Iris said...

Great card. No one would ever know it started out as an "oops".
isoscia at aol dot com

Caroline said...

Both cards are great!! Hope you can recreate the first one again tho, it's darling!!!!

Caroline said...

Forgot to mention, one time when I was completely finished my card, I stamped the sentiment with black StazOn and dropped the ink pad on my card!!! I had to use whiteout lol!!!!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the FWF inspiration! Off to check out the Brown Bag sale.

TangledBlueRose said...

Awesome stuff this week! And I adore parting with some cash for this week's awesome sale!:)
~kim

Terri Burson said...

Awesome and sweet cards, Rachel!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close