we can do hard things...

Hello my fabulous friends!

I recently had a heartfelt conversation with a dear friend of mine... We laughed together, and we cried together... While we were speaking of a particularly difficult subject, I was reminded of a quote I fell in love with the first time I saw the movie 'Patch Adams':

"When I was a girl I would look out my bedroom window at the caterpillars; I envied them so much. No matter who they were before, no matter what happened to them, they could just hide away and turn into these beautiful creatures that could fly away completely untouched."
-Patch Adams

(Lola Whimsy, Thanks Above and Beyond)

Have you ever stopped to consider what happens to the caterpillar inside that dark little cocoon? As it's entire body changes and morphs... That kind of change isn't easy... it isn't instantaneous... and I wonder, if caterpillars could talk, would they tell us that it's a little scary to become something so different... to trust wings you have never before had?

While I may not be a caterpillar, I am continually growing and changing... we all are.  We don't have to be tomorrow what we were yesterday.  Sometimes change takes time, often it's hard or even scary... But we can change, wounds can heal, and most of all, we can do hard things.

 How wonderful is that?

Just something I've been trying to remind myself of lately...

Anyway... 
Because we TOTALLY love all our Unity friends, we love to share YOUR work too!  
Here's one I recently saw on the Unity Show and Tell FB page...

(Katie Girl)

Amazing, right? I love how simple yet effective it is to stamp such a detailed image in a bold color and just leave it! Sometimes people (including me) get a little intimidated by the super detailed images because they don't think their coloring skills are up to snuff... Well, why not try this completely approachable way of using those intimidating stamps?

Check out her full blog post HERE!


And... because I'm a HUGE sucker for amazing watercolor skills...

(Poppy Background, Empowered Words)

This BEAUTY was done by Kathy...  I just ran across it on Pinterest. Check out her blog HERE. Her work is amazing!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Labels: ,