Monday, September 21, 2015

KOTM Monday - Oh So Merry and Bright

Good morning! Heather here stopping by to share a card I made with the current Kit of the Month - if you are beginning to think of holiday cards, this is a perfect kit to start out with if you are on the fence about giving it a try! You can read all the details HERE - this is my very favorite kit option, and what got me started and hooked on Unity!

My card today is featuring a fun technique I have played around with recently - using Copic markers to achieve a Sepia tone effect, like old fashioned pictures! I love printing pics of my family off in that tone and using them in my scrapbooks, so I thought it would be fun to do it with an image on a card as well! I have a Quick Tip video below sharing how I did it if you're interested. 


I had to speed it up quite a bit, so sorry in advance for that! But it really took me under 5 minutes total in coloring, so super quick and easy way to color a large image!


Here is a look at that Kit I used - just beautiful! I can't wait to use each and every image on there - LOVE them all!


I added some Basic Grey pattern paper and a bit of machine stitching and distressing on the edges to soften it all up. Love the rustic feel that gives!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Lagene said...

Awesome sepia image using copics!

Amante del Papel said...

so clean, so beautiful, so perfect!

Patti Willey said...

Love this kit!

Cynthia said...

Lovely Heather.

Stacy Sheldon said...

Love this Heather, oh man, I might need this kit

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close