DT Tuesday with Camille

H-E-L-L-O-!
It’s DT Tuesday and the beginning of May. School is nearly OUT and summer is almost here. Yippee!

Today I’m sharing an 8-1/2-x-11-inch scrapbook layout memorializing our night out seeing Hamilton (An American Musical) at The Orpheum Theater in San Francisco on April 20th.


After a week of submitting to win the Hamilton Lottery, I won two tickets to see it. GOOD seats, too--orchestra seats--SOOO lucky! I took my younger daughter, Gwen, who is an absolute fan of the show. In fact, earlier in the month, she and her friend, Karlee, won their school’s talent show performing “Your Obedient Servant” from Hamilton. She was beyond thrilled and will remember that night forever.

Now on to explain the layout a bit . . .
The title for the layout is a lyric from one of the songs in the musical. The cameras and sentiment were from this month’s Kit of the Month and were just perfect for this layout. They would be perfect for any scrapbook layout.

Here’s a peek at this month’s Kit of the Month.


The little squiggly artistic embellishment behind the Hamilton logo is from this month’s SMAK Kit.


I thought it would be a nice touch to add the musical logo for Hamilton and fussy cut it using my Silhouette Cameo. I added a little zigzag stitch as a vertical embellishment to the cluster of patterned paper borders and adhered the little cameras using pop dots for dimension.

BY THE WAY--If you get a chance to see this musical, DO IT! Also, play the Hamilton lottery. It’s real. You really can win. It's available to play every day.

Here are a couple of BEAUTIFUL cards I found perusing Unity’s Show & Tell Facebook Group. These will definitely give you some inspiration for card making.

The first card was made by Annie Sterner. WOW! It’s gorgeous and I love the the added touch of twine.


The second card was made by Amber Trubiak. The look and style of the card is so eloquent—I LOVE IT!


Head on over to the Unity Show & Tell Facebook Group and leave some comments for Annie and Amber--DO IT!

Here’s another lyrical quote from Hamilton (An American Musical).


This lyric inspired me to scrapbook for sure. YOU tell your story!
I hope you all have a week full of inspirational happiness and creativity.



Labels: