Design Team Tuesday


Hello Friends 
It's Mandi here with Design Team Tuesday!!
Happy 4th of July !!!
I have the pleasure of being a dual citizen of America and Scotland.
So of course I just had to make a red white and blue card for today since this is my second home.



The stamp set I used is called Stars & Stripes Forever.

I started off by stamping the heart and the sentiment on to some white card. 
Then I stamped another heart and used my peerless watercolours to colour and then cut it out.
 I adhered it on top of the  first stamped image with a foam square to give it some dimension.
  Then I distressed the edges of  the card and set it aside. 
Next I took my blank card base and gave it a red and blue watercolour wash.
 I set it aside to dry. Then took a fine liner black pen and used the doodle from around the stamp as my template and drew a free hand border around the card. 
Don't be afraid of drawing free hand you really can't mess it up it is a doodle after all :) 
Finally I attached my stamped image to the card base with some foam adhesive squares.

Here is a quick video of how I put the card together. 




******************

Now on to some picks of the week!! 
I saw LOTS of lovely makes with Unity Stamps this past week.
So here are just a few of the ones I LOVE.

First up is Susie Wolf  with her awesome poppy tag.


Next I loved the way Joyce Perkins created her background on this card.


Last but not least Heather Miller created this awesome card. I just love the colours.


I hope you are inspired by all of these lovely creations. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and I will leave you with this :) 


Labels: , , ,